Monday, August 11, 2014

Challenge #148-Inspired by Dr. Seuss

Hello all, Renee here with this weeks challenge.  My children loved Dr. Seuss books.  It was among the most favorite books to be read at bedtime.  By the time my son was born, there were Dr. Seuss books on VHS tapes.  He watched his tapes so much that he knew Red Fish, Blue Fish by heart after just a few weeks.  In addition to being fun to read, Dr. Seuss offered his readers many life lessons in his famous quotes.



The challenge this week is to use a Dr. Seuss book or quote as inspiration for a project.

 I chose a cut file quote that I purchased as a basis for a layout about Honor's Day 2014 for my children. You can chose to use a quote, color scheme or whatever you fancy from Dr. Seuss to inspire you.


What can you come up with using Dr. Seuss as inspiration.   Be sure to link your layout below so that we can see.



Amanda

I saw a layout on another website I am a member of awhile back and saved it because I loved the quote and wanted to use it on a layout myself - lo and behold it is a Dr. Seuss quote! Here is my page of my best friend's daughter playing dress up.






We are again joined by our Guest Designer Marion!

Hello, I’m Majo Wybranietz. I live in Germany with my husband and our two lovely kitten.

I started scrapbooking in 2008 and was addicted right away. I’m an "all-rounder", I scrap layouts and cards, love to create tags and ATC’s and get my hands into mixed media projects. I love trying new and different things and techniques.  I'm on several design teams and have had my work published in a number of magazines

When not crafting, I enjoy reading a thrilling book and working in our garden.

I'm so excited to be Guest Designer at UYS!

My blog: 
http://majos-art.blogspot.de
Make sure you stop by her blog to check out her awesome projects.  Here's what she created for us this week.
Another Guest Designer with us is Jacqui .  Make sure you check out her blog as well for some wonderful inspiration.
Jacqui was inspired by this quote from Dr. Seuss:

                                I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.
                                Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living,
                                It's a way of looking at life through the wrong
                                end of a telescope. Which is what I do,

                                 And that enables you to laugh at life's realities

 




6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.